Ancient Corinth & Museum
Only a few kilometers from today’s Corinth, we find Ancient Corinth. Corinth was one of the largest and most important cities in Greece and was considered
the richest city of the Ancient World. In its place today is a small village with the name Ancient Corinth, which is constantly being embellished and developed.
Worth seeing …
- Archaeological Museum – Temple of Apollo.
- Archaeological Museum of Corinth. The rich history of Corinth and the rich samples cultural heritage have been discovered hitherto housed in the archaeological museum of Corinth in the settlement of Ancient Corinth within the archaeological site of the ancient city.
- Temple of Apollo. The famous and imposing, even today, archaic temple of Apollo, with the monolithic Doric columns of which seven remain standing in a prominent position over the ruins of the market.
- Walk to the archaeological site next to the imposing Temple of Apollo and see close archaeological finds in the archaeological museum of a city that played a very important role in the developments of Ancient Greece!
- The “step of the Apostle Paul” One of the most important routes of religious interest in Greece is the “Steps of the Apostle Paul”. Apostole Paul wrote His First and Second Epistles to the Corinthians. He is the patron saint of Corinth and in honor of him has been built a brilliant temple. Apostle Paul, one of the most important forms of early Christianity, he visited the city of Corinth 3 times and his letters “to the Corinthians” are excellent examples of Christian reason.